As a hospice registered nurse for Amedisys, you have the special opportunity to provide one on one hospice and palliative care to terminally ill patients in their home. In collaboration with a full hospice interdisciplinary team, your work will including the development and delivery of a patient specific care plan for the patient and caregivers.
- Collaborate with the attending physician, patients and their families, and other members of the patient care team to coordinate, provide and maintain continuity of patient care.
- Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's health and condition using required documents, reports and established timelines.
- Complete an updated Plan of Care according to state regulation and communicates changes to attending physician, hospice staff, and others providing patient care.
- Provide supervision and evaluation of aides and licensed practical nurses/licensed vocational nurses.
Job Title: Hospice Registered Nurse (PRN)
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a registered nurse
- Current CPR certification
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Previous home health or hospice experience
Job Status: Part-Time
Hours: 20 Hour Per Week (Day Shift)
Wage: Depends on Experience
How to Apply: Check with UCC Student Job Placement
Position Closes: 08/01/2020 (or until filled)