The Application Process is CLOSED
Next Application Period will be around February 2021
Tip 1: Use your UCC email. All students have an email address like this: 800xxxxxx[at]student.umpqua.edu. The email address will begin with your student ID number.
Tip 2: First time logging into Awardspring? Set your password. If your Self Service password meets the criteria for Awardspring, use that one so you don't have to remember another password.
Tip 3: Still unable to log in?
- Call Honey McNamara at 541-440-7674.
- Call the UCC Information Desk at 541-440-4600.
- Call Awardspring at 888-258-5628.
Tip 4: Need help with your application and/or want someone to review your answers to the essay questions?
- Reach out to the Peer Mentors by calling 541-440-4600.
What is the best way to prepare?
- Apply to UCC! Only admitted students are eligible for UCC Foundation Scholarships. Admitting to UCC could take up to 2 business days. Current UCC students are eligible too! Of course, current students should be planning to continue attending UCC.
- Make sure you complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Declare UCC as your college of choice. Use school code 003222. It will establish your need for financial help.
- Need help with filing the FAFSA? See Financial Aid.
- Be sure that you can log in to the Student Self Service website. Hint: Do this after you are admitted to UCC.
- Be sure that you can log in and send emails from your Student Email. Student emails have the format 800xxxxx[at]student.umpqua[dot]edu. Hint: Do this after you are admitted to UCC.
- Be prepared to write 150 word essays. Gather people who can proof your writing. Here are questions to work on:
- Describe your major and your long term professional goals. What stimulated your interest in your chosen major and what attributes do you possess that you feel would enhance your career?
- What does success look like to you? Share an example.
- Please tell us what a scholarship would mean to you.
- Describe a significant change, experience or hardship that has occurred in your life. How did you respond and what did you learn about yourself?
- Choose 2-3 people who can provide a GOOD, DETAILED reference about you. Ask them NOW. Get their email addresses. Remind them BEFORE the scholarship deadline.
Watch some video testimonials from past scholarship recipients.
More Money for College
Lista de las becas en español
Ver y bajar una lista de las becas y sus descripción
- Office of Student Access and Completion (OSAC) - Scholarship Catalog
- OEDb - College Scholarship Database
- College Answer
- College Board
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
- Scholarship Scams - Be aware and wary of ‘scholarship scams’ and organizations that promise money or who are willing to do the work for you.
Scholarship & Donor Relations Coordinator
Hours: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m., Monday - Thursday; 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., Friday
LaVerne Murphy Student Center - map