Purchasing Department Staff manage all aspects of College Procurement and Procurement related Contracts, including Request for Quotes/Bids/Proposals on a variety of campus purchases, opportunities, and construction projects all while seeking best value for the College.
Other Purchasing Functions
- Ensure compliance with Federal Laws, State Statutes, and Local Rules & Policies for all Procurements.
- Maintain W-9 information
- Create and Maintain Vendor Information
- Surplus Property Disposition
MISSION: To make every procurement activity positive. With full compliance of all governing statutes and policies, UCC Procurement practices responsible stewardship of college resources, is customer focused, innovative, always adds value, and constantly seeks and implements best practices.
VISION: To become a model procure-to-pay process by creating value through efficient processes, strategic thinking, technology integrations, and exceptional customer care.
VALUES: Procurement Services strives to be an ethical role model for our campus and peer institutions by demonstrating core values that are essential for building a best-in-class procurement operation. These core values are directly aligned with the College's values.
- Inclusiveness and Diversity: Will engage local suppliers and utilize diverse and disadvantaged suppliers when possible.
- Integrity and Transparency: Will practice unquestionable integrity and ethical behaviour while insuring full compliance with stated practices and policies, and openly communicate goals and results.
- Effective Stewardship: Will set financial goals to deliver value, emphasizing vendors promoting sustainable products and operating in a manner which supports attainment of the College's financial objective.
SERVICE STATEMENT: Purchasing Services commits to the following:
- Treat customers with respect and courtesy, and respond to their needs with a sense of urgency.
- Respond to phone calls & emails within 24 hrs - not later than the next business day.
- Issue the requested PO, contact the requisitioning unit for additional detail, approvals, or documentation, as required by UCC polity, in no more than 3 business days.
- Keep all parties abreast of a relevant project's progress.
- Use Best Practices to secure Best Value while always complying with Statute.
Jules DeGiulio - Contact
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday