Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer Degree
"I knew I had made the statement that I would come back and teach, but I really didn't expect anybody to remember that! Imagine my surprise!?"Read more ...
“Furthering my education really helped me get to where I am today. I use everything I have learned."Read more ...
Program coursework includes instruction in social sciences, psychology, principles of social service, social service law and administration, and applications to issues, services, localities, and populations. In addition to academic coursework, students also complete supervised field work. Emphasis is placed on the general study and provision of human and social services to individuals and communities.
Ready to get started?
It's easy and only requires TWO steps.
Fill out our response form. This will alert us that you are interested in the Human Services program.
If you are new to UCC (you've never taken a class), apply to UCC. Otherwise, you are done for now. You will be contacted about the next steps.
UCC’s Human Services program offers training for entry-level positions in social service agencies.
Download Career Pathways information for Human Services
Other Degrees & Certificates at UCC
- Human Services: Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Human Services: Associate of Science Degree
- Human Services: Addiction Studies: One-Year Certificate
- Human Services: Case Aide: Pathways Certificate
- Human Services: Addiction Treatment: Pathways Certificate
Residents of WA, ID, NV, and CA
If you are from Washington, Idaho, Nevada, or California, you pay Oregon resident tuition rates. That's a big discount! You might also be interested in what life is like around UCC. Find out.
Money for College
Get access to millions of dollars that are available to students - not just loans. There are scholarships, grants and work study opportunities too! Every student can use money for college. It can help you to be more successful. Plus, it can lower your debt load when you finish college. Some students actually leave college debt-free! Here are some important sources of money for college. Don't let these opportunities for financial aid pass you by. Act now! Decide. Commit. Succeed.
- Pell Grants part of FAFSA (for undergraduate students who display exceptional financial need.)
- Federal Work Study part of FAFSA (Work on Campus. Get experience in the workforce.)
- Scholarships, OSAC, FAFSA, and more (Sources of money for college.)
- UCC Scholars (Tuition waiver for high school seniors with high GPAs.)
At UCC, you can earn a TWO-YEAR TRANSFER DEGREE for less than you'll pay for one year at a state university. Plus, UCC offers:
• Seamless, direct transfer degrees
• Expert faculty dedicated to teaching
• Personal attention and small class sizes
• In-person, online, and hybrid classes
Prospective students should visit Advising and Career Services to get started and then see a program advisor (below) to develop a more focused educational plan.
Pauline Martel - Contact
Associate Professor, Human Services
Sandra Angeli-Gade, Ph.D. - Contact
Human Services Coordinator