UCC can help your high school student prepare for college and earn college credit while still in high school, saving you thousands of dollars.
What's available for your child?
- Dual Credit Classes
- Expanded Options Program
- Community Education
- Upward Bound
- Educational Talent Search
- UCC Scholars
Want your high schooler to get started as a Dual Credit student?
Apply to UCC. Don't forget to select "4 - Dual Credit in High School" for Application Type.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the different options for my child to earn college credit while in high school?
2. If my child took classes through UCC, how does he/she order their transcript?
- There are several options for ordering transcripts.
3. When my student finishes high school, how do they continue their education at UCC?
- Please see page 2 of the admissions application for information on getting started. You can also visit UCC’s Getting Started webpage.
NOTE: Dual credit and EOP students need to update their Enrollment Information to Degree Seeking (if graduating from high school before starting classes) by filling out a new application for admission as “New First Time Freshman.”
4. How much does it cost to attend UCC?
- For students that are still in High School and taking college credit classes, the costs are typically covered by the school district (please refer to question #1 for more information on this). If the student is an undergraduate (no longer in high school), please see the tuition and fees web page.
5. Who do I call if I have a concern about my student’s academic progress?
- Students who are enrolled in college credit courses while in high school are considered college students by UCC staff/faculty and are therefore protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). See FERPA Tutorial. However, students can complete a Release of Information Authorization Form if they wish to allow UCC to release information to indicated individuals.
6. Does UCC offer a tuition payment plan?
- Yes. See College Payment Plan page.
What do you want to know?
What are the advantages of sending my child to UCC?
Try this ...
What do I need to know about early college programs?
What kind of educational programs are available at UCC?
How can I help my child to get started at UCC?
College Transitions Specialist