GED®/Skills Review classes at UCC North County! Classes are located at the North Douglas High School in the evenings and on Saturdays. Contact the UCC Woolley Center at 541-440-4603 for more information and registration.
"You don't get to choose what happens to you in this life, but you do get to choose how you respond, and that makes all the difference in the world"
- Dalai Lama
Adult Basic Education
Most students who enroll in our adult basic education program, do so for the purpose of obtaining their GED®. This is because the goal of the Adult Basic Skills (ABS) program is to prepare adult students to the 12th grade/high school graduation level. Classes include the subjects of Science, Mathematics, Language Arts, and Social Studies. The program is commonly referred to as “GED classes.”
It is not necessary to be seeking the GED® to enroll in the Adult Basic Education program. Any adult* who performs below the 12th grade level is eligible. If you’ve already obtained a high school diploma or GED®, but would like to brush up on your skills before enrolling in college or making an employment change, Basic Education Classes would be a logical place to start your transition.
Classes are available at Drain, Tri City, UCC's main campus in Roseburg, and at the UCC Woolley Center on Harvard Ave in Roseburg. Contact the Woolley Center at 541-440-4603 for specific dates and times.
All potential students who wish to enroll must attend an 8-hr orientation prior to the start of the 10-week term. During this orientation, prospective students will learn about the ABS program, fill out enrollment paperwork, and take an assessment test that informs the teachers what you already know and what you need to work on. Prospective students attending orientation must bring their address, emergency contact information, social security number (if they have one), and a sack lunch or money for snacks from the vending machine.
Winter Session 1: Classes Begin Jan 6
- Dec 11-12, 5-9 pm >>> Woolley Center
- Dec 14, 9-4, >>> Woolley Center (Saturday)
- Dec 16, 9-4 >>> Tri-City
- Dec 16-17, 9-1 >>> Woolley Center
Winter Session 2: Classes begin Feb 10
- Jan 25, 9-4 >>> Woolley Center (Saturday)
- Jan 27, 9-4 >>> Tri-City
- Feb 3-4, 5-9 pm >>> Woolley Center
- Feb 6-7, 9-1 >>> Woolley Center
Call the Woolley Center at 541-440-4603 to sign up for a orientation in Roseburg or Tri City or click on the green “Register” button below.
Did you step out of education and miss earning your high school diploma or GED?
Learn how to finish what you start. It may be FREE!
Hacer clic para información en español.
How long does it take?
The time it takes to pass the GED exam varies from student to student. It depends on your skill level in the subjects when you start and, more importantly, by the amount of time and effort you put into studying, and how regularly you attend classes. You should plan your schedule and commit to all of your classes to make the most rapid progress.
- If you complete at least 60 hours of classes through UCC's GED® program and earn your GED®, you are eligible for a tuition waiver that will cover a portion of a term at UCC. This tuition waiver must be used within one year after obtaining your GED®. Note: Students in Roseburg High School's GED® program are not eligible for a tuition waiver at UCC.
- UCC provides ongoing support to students and can help you transition into work.
- GED classes are held in the mornings, afternoons, evenings, and Saturdays.
- Classes are offered at a variety of locations, including UCC's main campus, the Woolley Center in Roseburg, and South County in Tri City.
How do I start?
To help you get the best start possible, UCC provides a free orientation to help you build skills, set goals, and determine the best classes for you. GED orientations are offered at the Woolley Center in Roseburg and UCC's South County Campus in Tri City.
Sign up for Orientation!
New orientations for GED or Skill Review take place twice per term. For scheduling, please call:
1634 W. Harvard Ave., Roseburg
Early registration is recommended for all orientations.