Associate of Science Degree
Statewide Oregon Transfer and Oregon State University Options
As the student’s selection for a commencement speaker, Taylor is preparing the speech she will give to this year’s graduating class.Read more ...
Unchallenged high schooler finds his passion through UCC.Read more ...
College begins Cybersecurity program this fall.Read more ...
UCC Computer Information Systems student pitched business idea at 2015 Startup Weekend.Read more ...
Startup Weekend provides a forum to pitch and develop new products and services.Read more ...
Computer Science is an in-demand field that involves the study of programs, data, networks, computing machinery, and how these interact.
The Associate of Science Oregon Transfer (ASOT), is a statewide degree approved by the Higher Education Coordinating Commission (HECC) and Office of Community Colleges and Workforce Development (CCWD). A student can complete this AS degree and then transfer to any Oregon college offering a 4-year degree in Computer Science.
Additionally, UCC offers two University Specific AS-CS Degree Options. Both are designed to seamlessly transfer to Oregon State University.
Did you know?
UCC works closely with Oregon State University (OSU) to provide the Degree Partnership Program - with many ONLINE options. Students dual-enroll at UCC and OSU, reap cost savings, and benefit from access to UCC and OSU scholarships and services. Learn more.
Ready to get started?
It's easy and only requires TWO steps.
Fill out our response form. This will alert us that you are interested in the CIS programs.
If you are new to UCC (you've never taken a class), apply to UCC. Otherwise, you are done for now. You will be contacted about the next steps.
- Acquire new information and adapt to changes in the computer technology field.
- Apply a logical and systematic approach to solve problems.
- Use written, oral, and visual interpersonal skills to communicate with individuals or small groups.
- Design and implement computer software applications.
- Develop an application for an N-tiered environment.
- Evaluate and compare different algorithms applicable to a given task.
- Apply theoretical foundations learned when developing software.
- Use current database technologies to create and build database objects.
Computer science is a foundation that allows graduates to explore a wide range of career possibilities. Popular computer science careers include programming and software development, computer hardware innovation and development, testing mathematical algorithms, managing the technological infrastructure of an organization, and digital security.
Watch video about alumnus Joseph Ziegler and his career path to Google and Uber.
Majors in computer science are offered at OSU, PSU, SOU, UO, and WOU in Oregon. Please be aware that the core CS curriculum and major options vary at the above-listed schools. Consult with a UCC faculty advisor before beginning your first term at UCC as a Computer Science transfer major.
Students enrolling in this program can expect to take courses in the following subject areas:
- Computer Science
- Discrete Math
- Technical Report Writing
View / Download catalog information for Computer Science: Associate of Science Oregon Transfer and OSU Options
View / Download catalog information for Computer Science: Associate of Science Oregon Transfer
View / Download advising information for Computer Science: Associate of Science: OSU Applied Option
View / Download catalog information for Computer Science: Associate of Science: OSU Systems Option
Before gaining acceptance into the Computer Science degree program, students should demonstrate completion of MTH 111 or MTH 112 placement; compass testing into WR 121, and reading score of 81 or higher.
It is strongly recommended that Computer Science degree-seeking students have access to a personally-owned, 64-bit Windows 10 laptop with at least 16 GB of RAM, 1-2 TB hard disk, and other standard laptop accessories. You can purchase a full version of Microsoft Office in the UCC campus store at a very low, discounted student price.
Other CIS Certificates & Degrees at UCC
- Cybersecurity: AAS - New!
- Computer Information Systems: AAS
- Computer Information Systems: One-Year Certificate
- Junior Database Administrator: Pathways Certificate
- Junior Programmer: Pathway Certificate
- Junior Web Developer: Pathway Certificate
- Cisco Networking Support Technician: Pathway Certificate
- Microsoft Networking Support: Pathway Certificate
- Server Administrator: Pathway Certificate
- Microsoft Office Technologist: Pathway Certificate
Residents of WA, ID, NV, and CA
If you are from Washington, Idaho, Nevada, or California, you pay Oregon resident tuition rates. That's a big discount! You might also be interested in what life is like around UCC. Find out.
Money for College
Get access to millions of dollars that are available to students - not just loans. There are scholarships, grants and work study opportunities too! Every student can use money for college. It can help you to be more successful. Plus, it can lower your debt load when you finish college. Some students actually leave college debt-free! Here are some important sources of money for college. Don't let these opportunities for financial aid pass you by. Act now! Decide. Commit. Succeed.
- Pell Grants part of FAFSA (for undergraduate students who display exceptional financial need.)
- Federal Work Study part of FAFSA (Work on Campus. Get experience in the workforce.)
- Scholarships, OSAC, FAFSA, and more (Sources of money for college.)
- UCC Scholars (Tuition waiver for high school seniors with high GPAs.)
At UCC, you can earn a TWO-YEAR TRANSFER DEGREE for less than you'll pay for one year at a state university. Plus, UCC offers:
• Seamless, direct transfer degrees
• Expert faculty dedicated to teaching
• Personal attention and small class sizes
• In-person, online, and hybrid classes
Prospective students should visit Advising and Career Services to get started and then see a program advisor (below) to develop a more focused educational plan.
John Blackwood, MS - Contact
Associate Professor, CIS
Vince Yip, MS - Contact
Associate Professor, CIS